Processing informationImportant tips for handling our products
The following processing instructions are general tips and apply to a large part of our standard range. However, as there are of course some exceptions, you should always follow the product-specific application instructions. If you are missing the relevant information, we will be happy to help you.
- To achieve optimum adhesion, the substrates to be bonded must be clean, dry and free of grease.
- Anti-adhesive surface substances such as dust, mold release agents, greases or waxes must be removed before bonding.
- If possible, ensure that the substrate is free of plasticizers.
- For rough and uneven substrates, use thicker, leveling adhesive tapes.
- The optimum bonding temperature is between 20 and 30°C in dry rooms. If possible, do not work at temperatures below 10°C
- The separator cover must be completely removed.
- After joining, press the workpieces together with sufficient and uniform contact pressure (approx. 20 N/cm²).
- For optimum bonding, use a pressure roller.
- Ensure that processing equipment (including hands) is free of release agents.
Final adhesive strength
- To achieve the generally higher final adhesive strength, a mounting time of up to 48 hours is necessary.
- Store the tape in its original packaging at room temperature (optimum: 18°C and 55% relative humidity).